- Xu, Z. X., Tang, L., Zhang, K., He, X. J., and Hou, W. L., 2014, Research on Survey Methods and Engineering Properties of Black Cotton Soil of Ethiopian Railway, Journal of Railway Engineering Society, 31, 2, 15-18.
- Wagner, G. H. and Stevenson, F. J., 1965, Structural Arrangement of Functional Groups in Soil Humic Acid as Revealed by Infrared Analyses, Journal Soil Science Society of America Journal, 29, 2, 43-48.
- Shao, W. M., Tan, L. R., Zhang, M. Y., and Hua, L. L., 1994, Experimental Study on Relationship between Mineral Composition and Swelling Characteristics of Expansive Soil, Journal of Rock and soil mechanics, 2, 11-19.
- Gao, D. P., 2015, Study of Properties of Expansive Soil on the Ethiopia to Djibouti Railway (Dire Dawa-Dawanle Segment), Journal of Railway Investigation and Surveying, 3, 13-25.
- Zhao, P., Xu, Z. X., Tang, L., and Zeng, D. L., 2014, Research on the Black Cotton Soil Swell－shrink Characteristics and the Depth of Black Cotton Soil Influenced by the Atmosphere in Ethiopia, Journal of Railway Engineering Society, 4, 46-50.
- Mahjoory, R. A., 1996, Occurrence and mineralogy of a deposit of shampoo-clay in southern Iran, Journal of Applied Clay Science, 11, 1, 69-76.
- Xu, Z. X., Zhang, K., and Tang, L., 2012, Comments on Engineering Geological Investigation of Ethiopian Railway, Journal of Railway Engineering Society, 29, 5, 26-29+39.
- Wang, T., Fan, Q. B., Liu, X., and Wang, Y., 2014, Black Cotton Subgrade Treatment in East Africa, D. Chang’an University.
- Chen, S. X., Li, F. B., Kong, L. W., 2006, Engineering behaviors of weak expansive soil and its treatment measures for roadbed filling, Journal of Rock and soil mechanics,27, 3, 353-359.
- Zhang, D. F., Yang, J. L., Li, Y., and Shen, Z. P., 2015, Engineering properties of black cotton soil in East Africa and pile foundation disease treatment, Journal of Building Structure, 45, 1, 72-76.
- Li, S. D., and Zhao, Z. X., 1993, Improvement of Engineering Properties of Expansive Soil by Using Mineral Slurry Composites, Journal of Chinese Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 15, 5, 11-23.
- Li, X. Y., and Zhang, X. H., Lime Improved Expansive Soil Filling Subgrade Construction Technology, Journal of Subgrade Engineering, 3, 47-49.
-Folagbade, O., and George, M., 2010, Groundnut Shell Ash Stabilization of Black Cotton Soil, Electronic Journal of Geotechnical Engineering, 15, 415-428.
- Santhi, K. K., and Sayida, M. K., 2009, Behavior of Black Cotton Soil Reinforced with Sisal Fibre, Journal of 10th National Conference on Technological Trends(NCTT09)6-7, 11, 88-93.
- Shi, B., Li, S. L., and Tolkachev, M., 1995, Quantitative Study on SEM Images of Microstructure of Clay , Journal of Science in China (Series A), 6, 666-672.
- Tovey, N. K., 1980, A digital computer technique for orientation analysis of micrographs of soil fabric, Journal of Microscopy, 120, 3, 303-315.
- China Railway First Survey and Design Institute Group. Code for Rock and Soil Classification of Railway Engineering: TB 10077-2001, S. Beijing China Railway Press, 2001.
-Ministry of Communications Highway Research Institute. Test Method of Soils for Highway Engineering: JTG E40-2007, S. Beijing China Communications Press. 2007
- Zheng, J. L., 2013, Theory and Technology for Highway Expansive Soil Engineering, M. Beijing China Communications Press.